Ultra-Low Noise Design 48/24-Input 8-Bus In-Line Mixer with XENYX Mic Preamplifiers, British EQs and Integrated Meterbridge
- Ultra-low noise, high-headroom analog mixer for studio, live, front-of-house, monitor, corporate and touring audio applications
- True in-line concept with 24 independent Mix-B input channels, all with individual 2-band EQ, Level, Pan and Mute
- 24 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power
- Neo-classic "British" 4-band EQs with 2 semi-parametric mid bands for warm and musical sound
- 8 subgroups with independent Solo and routing functions simultaneously feed 16 multi-track outputs
- Clip and -20 dB LEDs plus EQ In, Low Cut, Mute, Solo/PFL, Subgroup and Main routing switches on all channels
- 6 Aux sends per channel: all switchable pre/post fader
- Main Aux sends with Level controls and Solo functions
- 6 multi-functional stereo Aux returns featuring Level and Balance controls, Solo and extensive routing functions
- Solo-In-Place with PFL function plus 2 independent phones sections plus full-featured monitor and talkback section with built-in microphone
- Comprehensive Channel, Group and Main insert points
- Built-in meterbridge with meters for each channel, Subgroup and Main, monitoring either the channel or Tape return signal
- Long-wearing 100-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Expander port with universal jack connectors for optimal linking to other consoles
- 2 BNC connectors for 12 V gooseneck lights
- Internal autorange power supply for maximum flexibility (100
- 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
The 48-Input, 8-Bus EURODESK SX4882 allows you to effortlessly achieve premium-quality sound, thanks to 24 of our studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamps, plus 4 full stereo channels with 4-band EQ. All mono channels feature true +48 V Phantom Power, our ultra-musical 3-band “British” channel EQs with a semi-parametric mid band for the ultimate in sound sculpting, plus Inserts and 6 available Aux Sends. In-Line mixing capability allows Mix B multitrack inputs to “share” channel-strip space – making the SX4882 an incredibly versatile mixer for all your recording projects and live performances.
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
The SX4882 features our legendary, high headroom XENYX mic preamps, which have been praised by audio engineers all over the world. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, the SX4882 provides such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Sublimely Musical British EQ
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll – without them the British Invasion might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on our XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
What’s an In-Line Mixer & Why do I Need One?
An in-line mixer combines the best of both worlds, live performance and recording capabilities. The SX4882 does this by providing additional, and separate, inputs on each channel strip to accommodate signals being returned from your multitrack recorder – and it does so without using up any of your “regular” channels. This secondary Mix B provides seamless playback and mix-down capabilities, with just a few button pushes – and no additional patching! The SX4882’s Mix B can be used to send a totally separate 2-track mix to a recording device, separate speaker zone or to a broadcast feed, plus it can function as an additional monitor or effects bus. The ingenious SX4882 really shines when it comes to making live recordings. Often input and output levels necessary for quality recording do not match the requirements of the live mix, where stage volumes factor into the overall room sound. Getting around that issue used to require a splitter – and a second mixer just for recording. The incredible SX4882 is a true recording console within an extremely versatile live performance console!
The 48/24-Input SX4882 comes equipped with 24 of our legendary, Phantom powered XENYX Mic Preamps, 4 stereo Input channels, 8 Aux Sends and 4 stereo Aux Returns, plus Inserts on all mono channels. Other features include: 8 Subgroups with Inserts and dedicated Outs for mixing versatility; Main Inserts (the ideal path for connecting graphic equalizers or compressor/limiters) – and a dedicated Talkback channel, with a built-in mic for communicating with the talent.
*Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.