Ultra-High Precision 24-Bit/96 kHz Equalizer, Analyzer, Feedback Destroyer and Mastering Processor
- Ultra-high resolution 24-bit/96 kHz mastering processor featuring 32/40-bit floating-point DSP technology
- Audiophile 24-bit/96 kHz A/D
- and D/A converters offering 113 dB dynamic range
- 4 concurrently selectable EQ modules (31-band graphic EQ, 10-band parametric EQ, Feedback Destroyer plus 3 Dynamic EQs per stereo channel)
- Ultra-high resolution 61-band real-time FFT analyzer with additional auto EQ function for room and loudspeaker equalization
- Unique VPQ (Virtual Paragraphic EQ) option allows parametric control of graphic EQs
- State-of-the-art compressor/expander with peak limiter per stereo channel, additional stereo imager and stereo delay for delay line applications
- Multi-functional level meters (peak/RMS, VU and SPL meter with dBA/dBC weighting via RTA/Mic input)
- 64 user memories for complete setups and/or individual module configurations
- Separate mic/line input with phantom power for RTA and Auto-EQ applications
- Balanced inputs and servo-balanced outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors, stereo aux output, AES/EBU and S/PDIF inputs and outputs (XLR and optical)
- Professional Wordclock input and MIDI connections for full remote control, preset dumps and system updates
- Open architecture allowing future software updates via MIDI
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100
- 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496
The DEQ2496 is a high-precision digital 24-bit/ 96 kHz EQ/RTA mastering processor, ideal for sophisticated live sound trouble-shooting or audiophile mastering. Whether you’re putting the finishing touches on recorded material or creating an optimal live sound for a multi-way PA, the DEQ2496 is built to provide meticulous control.
Equalization. Dynamics. Feedback Correction.
You can have it all with the DEQ2496. How about automatic FFT analysis with Auto EQ? We added that too. The DEQ2496 is a whole rack of ultra-flexible equalization options, dynamics and time-correction solutions, all designed to optimize your rig’s sound quality like no other single piece of processing gear. Consider the DEQ2496 your audio engineer’s Swiss Army Knife – here are a just few examples: Dual 31-band Graphic Equalizers (stereo linkable) Dual 31-band Virtual Paragraphic Equalizers (stereo linkable) Dual 10-band Parametric EQ’s per stereo side Dynamically-activated EQ Feedback Destroyer with Learning Mode Stereo Imager Compressor/Expander Limiter Digital Delay RTA/SPL/FFT Analyzer with Auto EQ function
Dual 31-band Graphic Equalizers, 31-band Virtual Para-graphic Equalizers and 10-band Parametric
Naturally, the DEQ2496 has a phase-neutral digital graphic EQ. But in addition, we’ve added a function that allows you to change the frequency bandwidths from 1/3, to as tight as 59/3. Or, if you prefer the old-school approach to variable bandwidth, we’ve included 10-bands of parametric filters that can be incrementally fine-tuned all the way down to 1/60 of an octave.
Dynamic EQ (DEQ) automatically raises or lowers a defined frequency range based on volume level. It’s literally a combination of an equalizer (with frequency center and bandwidth controls) and a dynamics processor (with Attack, Release, Threshold and Ratio parameters). DEQ opens up a world of both creative mastering and PA problem solving possibilities. We’ve given you total control with multiple filter types including bandpass mode. And of course you can store DEQ settings for recall at any time manually or via MIDI.
Feedback Destroyer with Learning Mode
With the digital capabilities we’ve just listed, it’s easy to see why we were able to include a highly-effective Feedback Destroyer (FBQ) feature – it’s essentially a dynamically-activated parametric EQ that “watches” the whole frequency spectrum in 1∕60-octave bands and then instantly identifies and notches out feedback. FBQ can be run in AUTO mode, or in Single mode. We’ve also included a Learn mode that generates short audio pulses, raises their gain until feedback occurs, and then locks onto feedback-prone frequencies. For more than 20 years, we have made some of the world’s most acclaimed FBQ Feedback Elimination processors. Now you get this revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System in every DEQ2496, so your sound system is always completely free from feedback. Utilizing an ultra-fast detection system, this ingenious circuitry helps you recognize and tame feedback frequencies immediately. LEDs on the associated EQ frequency-band fader illuminates, showing you at a glance which fader to lower to overcome the feedback – it doesn’t get any easier than this!
*Warranty details can be found at music-group.com.